Monday, June 9, 2014

~* A FROZEN Affair *~

Ava turned 11 last week, and we decided to go "BIG" with a Frozen party for her and her friends. It seems like everyone is into the Frozen party craze and we were no exception. This was probably the most fun I ever had preparing for a party! 
I brought my party outside by spray painting dead tree branches silver and hanging mica glittered snowflakes on them. 


Inside, I had a huge silver painted tree branch in my entryway decorated with beautiful crystal snowflake ornaments, tinsel and blue rock candy "icicles."  A mini aqua Christmas tree and sparkly garland wrapped garden cone gave it company! I bunched up pillow batting and threw it all over my house for a "snow" effect!


I took a giant styrofoam ball, covered it with texture paste and sprinkled it with mica flakes for a giant snowball! Grab your Christmas snowflake decorations, pearl garlands, white candles and go crazy! 



Balloons are always fun! For this party I used white, silver and aqua and had them floating over a gold crown! I threw tons of icicle lights along my banister for lots of sparkle!



I found different kinds of candy in every shade of blue I could for a wintery candy buffet. Snowmen cookies added some cuteness to the dessert table! 



No Frozen party is complete without sparkly snowflake wands. I found mine on etsy here


Glittery snowflake cookies and snowflake confetti displayed in pretty bottles, "captured snow," added more sparkle to my table! 


Instead of a going with a 'Disney' cake, I opted for a blue ombre rose cake and it was a big hit!  


  "Do you want to build a snowman?"  We did! I had various snowman crafts for set up the kids. I took more painted branches and hung them in my lighting. My friend threaded pom poms for a snowball garland and we hung them on the lights. I topped off everything with sparkly tinsel for an icy effect!


Of course if you know me well, you'll expect that I am now working on a scrapbook for Ava that captured the memories of her winter wonderland birthday party.


 If you get a chance to throw this kind of party, whether for a birthday or Christmas cocktail party, do it! SNOW much fun!  


Happy 11th birthday to my sweet Ava! Hope this magical party brings you happy memories always!!!
xOxO

8 comments:

john said...

You are the Greatest! We all love you.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

MY FRIEND! My blogroll is SICK....your new post did not come up for me as I went over it this morning for my blog routine! HAPPY BDAY, AVA!

Deb, she is GORGEOUS! I can see her at 18; she is gonna be one knockout woman! And that cake...great choice. I bet it was a relief to enjoy a frozen party, with the heat you are probably having? All the décor is wonderful, and I bet everything was in place just so. And thank you for coming by my friend. I really appreciate your kind words! I am finding out more and more how vital it is to continue to write they way I always have: to just have fun. Because if I think too hard, nothing comes out! But your affirmation means a lot to me, and I hope to soon see a printed version of the magazine. Again, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be doing this.

I just got home from a school meeting, so I hope to start a blog post to promote the magazine. Again, many hugs and thanks to you dearest friend! LOVE, Anita

Diva Geri said...

Deb the photos are beautiful. You should have your own magazine of ideas. They are amazing! It must have been hard to take it all down when it was so magically special.
What a special 11th Birthday for Ava. Love you lots, Divalish xo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That party looks FABULOUS!! LOVING the decor and that cake is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria said...

Wow Deb..what a super beautiful post..so many enchanting images, you have stolen my heart..such a sweet daughter..Happy Birthday! Thanks for shining your magical spirit and beautiful home..and for sharing such a heartwarming- special tribute to your daughter!
hugs
Victoria

Victoria said...

Hi again kindred, just wanting to wish you a sparkling day..and sending massive hugs of appreciation for your super beautiful words you left me..means alot!
So wonderful to revisit this super-inspiring post..magical! Shine on!
Happy Summer!!
Victoria

Karen said...

Oh.My.Frozen.Magical.Spectacular.Goodness. You put together quite a sparkly, special, snowflaked birthday affair! Beautiful, Deb. Almost as beautiful as your sweet girl. My sweet girl (who seems to nearly share a bday with yours) absolutely loves Frozen. Annnd I just love your fabulous interpretation of that winter wonderland! :>

Haddock said...

Like those balloons at the end of the banister.