Saturday, May 3, 2014

~* Nurse Appreciation Day *~


Well, it has been awhile since I have been in my studio or blogged.  But I had some motivation to create a gift for someone who is dear to our family.  This Tuesday May 6th is Nurse Appreciation Day, and since Ava was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in January, our lives have changed far from what they used to be. "Shelly," who is Ava's school nurse, has kept a close eye on my daughter during those long 8 hours Monday through Friday when she is out of my sight. I wanted to give her something special, so a bLiNg-ed out nurses cap came to mind and for the first time in months, my creative juices flowed again! To Nurse Shelly, thank you for all that you do for my daughter. I appreciate you more than words can say. You are a blessing to our family.

And to all nurses worldwide, Happy Nurses Day!! 

xOxO

7 comments:

Victoria said...

So beautiful , very touching and so special! What a wonderful tribute to her and so nice she has been there for your daughter! and wishing your daughter many blessings of health on her journey!
Victoria

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How sweet!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!!!!!

zandra said...

awww, so pretty and thoughtful. Im sure she will treasure it, always.
Hugz, Z

2amscrapper said...

what a special gift for someone who has taken on such an important role in your family's life!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS! DEB! Give me bling any day, on anything! What a kind thing for you to do...I admire those school nurses; the ones I've known have been so caring and professional. I am so happy to hear you got a chance to work in your studio. It does a mind and heart good...thank you dear friend for coming by my blog and it was FUN to catch up today!

Maggi said...

I didn't know Ava was going through that, this is such a sweet gift! <3

Incipient Wings said...

That's really adorable!
What a sweet gift:)