Friday, December 27, 2013

~* MaD fOr MaCaRoNs - Lisa Kettell Designs *~


Mad for Macarons painted canvas project


 Supplies needed: 

8 X 10 stretched canvas 
Heidi Swapp Acrylic pink paint
Golden light molding paste
Mod Podge decoupage glue
pink paper sewn trim by Julie Collings/etsy
pink pom pom trim
blue paper fringe trim
white & blue vintage lace trims
floral paper banner by Dena Designs
paper heart doilie, die cut floral heart
macaron images from magazine
pink loose pearls
clear glitter  
letter stickers - Pink Paislee, Thickers
art ticket stub, stick pin, vintage cluster earring 
paint brush, glue gun 


Instructions:


Paint canvas with mixture of paint and molding paste and let dry overnight. Decoupage heart doilie onto canvas, allow to dry. Decoupage assorted macaron images over doilie and sprinkle with clear glitter. Allow to dry. Glue assorted laces and trims at top and bottom edges as desired. Glue Lisa Kettell Designs party heads on tops of macarons. Decoupage title onto canvas and add letter stickers above. Embellish with loose pink pearls,  stick pin, ticket stub and vintage earring accents. 


 “Macarons and Cocoa to drink That is the finest of suppers I think! When I'm grown up and can have what I please, I think I shall always insist upon these!” Paulette Kinney


xOxO

7 comments:

DogsMom said...

I was not familiar with that quote but I can appreciate the sentiment!

Very cute and fun.

Incipient Wings said...

Adorable!! I love it:)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEB! I'M HOME!

First of all, your product here is wonderful, and you are making me want to sit down with my latest gift of a paper theatre!!!!!! I LOVE your photo on your side bar with your jersey; what a gal you are!

We had the best time in SUNNY and WARM California with our families. My fun family put on a super-duper Mexican feast and we sang, danced, laughed, produced music AND a video that I will never forget.

This weekend however, I have so much laundry to do, it ain't funny....good to see you my friend! Anita

dandelion twist said...

I've been so busy I haven't even had the chance to check to see what is happening in blogland. I love this adorable little piece and the charlotte heads.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow this is SOOOO cute! I love it!!! Happy New Year!!! :D

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Deb! Thanks for coming my way today! Oh did I have a blast in California, and because were were only there for FOUR days, it obviously went too fast. We literally zoomed around in the rental car from one relative's house to another, but had a hilarious time on Christmas day at my cousin's house. It will take me some time to write about the details of that experience, and I'm finding myself trying to put together a new post for tomorrow..can you believe it? January 1, 2014?

How fun it would be to have a meeting up in California with you one day! I will know you when I see you: a beautiful woman with a sparkle in her eyes.

LOVE! HAPPY 2014! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Deb, and a happy new 2014 to you! YES, six years have passed and I cannot believe it. Have you ever looked in your archives to see your very first posts? It is a wonderful thing to see where we've been, and where our words lead us.

Thank you for coming back because it is the adventure of kindness that I love that most because it takes me to worlds we usually don't see otherwise. BIG THANKS and much love! Anita