Thursday, December 19, 2013

~* Alice in Wonderland aLtErEd vintage compact - Lisa Kettell Designs *~

 

For those who don't know me well, I am MAD about Alice in Wonderland! Alice holds a special meaning to my family. My middle name is Alice after my beautiful grandmother. I followed suit with my daughter's middle name, Alyssandra, a slightly altered version of Alice. I loved Alice in Wonderland as a child and I love her even more today! Thankfully my daughter Ava loves her too.  A few years back, we threw her a massive Very Merry Un-Birthday party, and this photograph of her was from that special day! That will forever be my most favorite party thrown. 
I made this memory keepsake using a vintage compact I found at an antique store along with a large yellow haired doll head that looks a lot like Alice from Lisa Kettell Designs. 


Materials Needed:

vintage compact
millinery flowers
vintage Alice in Wonderland book page
blue glitter 
brown ink
rhinestones, stick pin 
butterfly, phrases and crown collage images
photograph



Assemblage:

Cut photograph and book pages to fit compact centers. Glue in place.
Cut desired phrases out, ink and adhere as desired.
Glue millinery flowers around photograph edges on bottom. Add crown, rhinestones, and stick pin.
Glitter along image edges on top.
Glue Lisa Kettell doll head to top of compact. Accent with butterfly and millinery flower.


“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.” 
― Lewis CarrollAlice in Wonderland



 xOxO

3 comments:

DogsMom said...

What can I say except - LOVE it!

dandelion twist said...

We're all mad here!! lol
Very, very cute! I think this is one of my favorites!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I TOO LOVE ALICE! And again, your skills to take a kit and add your own touch to them is a wonder. Now you are making me want to try this on my own! Dearest friend, I wish you a HAPPY Christmas as we make our countdown!

You have been the greatest support for so long, just know I adore you! XOXOXOXO Anita