Wednesday, November 20, 2013

~* miRROr aRt *~

 
When I was little, I loved playing with my grandma's costume jewelry. After she passed, I was lucky to get the few precious pieces she had. Years ago, I started using her pieces to accent my artwork. It was sentimental to me. That became the start of my addiction to these vintage treasures. I'm always on the search for them, whether it's online at ebay or etsy, or when I'm hitting antique shops.  I use them not only in my paper crafts, but to glam up ordinary housewares like this wall mirror. To create one, just remove the backings of vintage earrings and glue along the mirror border. So simple and such a great way to add some vintage glam to your home!! Thank you grandma for the inspiration. You are dearly missed....
xOxO

4 comments:

Jay Jay said...

Mirror mirror on the wall. Who's works of arts are greatest of all? Well I'm not a mirror, just your husband. I say it's you!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning sweet princess!

This is a great way to see a portion of a loved one....in your art, AND in your reflection. What a perfect place for her jewels, on YOUR mirror.

Wishing you a fabulous day! Anita

dandelion twist said...

Oh, I remember playing with my grandmother's jewels too. What a great way to memorialize her!!!

Dsherm1 said...

Very cool Deb!!!