Saturday, November 23, 2013

~* bEsT fRiEnDs *~


While browsing around at an antique store last week, I came upon this old photograph. I have never bought vintage photos of strangers before! But this one spoke to me. I surrounded this trio of besties in beautiful ecru trims I found at The Gilded Life and pretty double ruffled tulle trim and German paper trim from one of my favorite etsy sellers, Julie Collings.  I topped it off with a pearl and rhinestone Teresa Collins vintage medallion. I wonder if these ladies could have ever imagined that their special moment would be admired and treasured by a total stranger years later!
xOxO

6 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Deb,
I am sure they are smiling down on you with much thanks... You have created a beautiful piece of art.
blessings,
Penny

Jay Jay said...

Somewhere in time these three are looking down with a smile. "Someone has found us. I hope they are as happy as we were that glorious day. " Great art work is one that captures, and pulls you into the scene. This is truly great art.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning sweet friend!

You know, I have tons of these vintage photos of my own family...aunts, uncles, mom, dad, grandparents! I have several vintage-style art projects I made by using copies of these photos. I love your embellishments!

ENJOY YOUR DAY! Love, Anita

DogsMom said...

I enjoy finding older photos when treasure hunting. I make up stories about who they are and what happened that day.

Kelly_Deal said...

So pretty! You'll be addicted to hunting down "instant ancestor" photos before you know it!

dandelion twist said...

Ooh this is pretty!! I love the colors and shabbiness of it!! I love vintage photos. I have a few stashed away...maybe I'll see if I can find them and make something like this. :)