Wednesday, August 22, 2012

~* a ViNtAgE BrOoCh BoUqUeT *~

I can't believe I have been MIA since last September! All is well and the crafty bug has hit me again....but not with scrapbooking. My latest addiction has now been creating vintage brooch bouquets after seeing Miranda Lambert's beautiful bridal bouquet! I have to say, I cheated a little bit - okay, a lot! - buying a beautiful handmade bouquet made of rolled muslin roses on etsy because I loved the rustic look of the vintage wood handle and how sturdy the bouquet itself looked. It was a shame covering the beautiful roses, but I didn't want to go through the process of creating a base since I don't plan on selling these. (That may change though if I figure out a way to make a sturdy base myself!!!) 
 I used well over 50 vintage brooches to create this one, some of them belonging to my grandmother, some bought on etsy and ebay, and the rest picked up from numerous trips to antique shops. I arranged and pinned the brooches to the muslin fabric roses and this was the result. This is one heavy bouquet of bling! But it's priceless to me as I can display my grandmother's brooches now in a special way.
I just finished an Alice in Wonderland vintage brooch bouquet which I'll show soon. But that's my latest craze! So if any of you have a bunch of vintage brooches lying around and want a pretty way to display them, this is a great project!
I hope all of you are doing great and still keeping crafty! Much love, deb xOxO


8 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WOWOWOOWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

This is about ALL I can say to see that you are back? ARE YOU BACK FOR GOOD MY DEAR????? Oh dear, we have so much to catch up ON! I love this piece, by the way!!! Deb my dear, I must go via email...back in a bit. Anita OH! Thank you for visiting!

Karen said...

Deb, when you come back, you come back with zing!!! And a whole lotta bling! :> It's awesome to see you online again!

I had to do a search on my own blog to find the post you came and visited me on (certainly not complaining since I LOVE seeing you there!!) since it's from almost a year ago. I've been doing a lot of photo posts since I've been clicking along with a photo a day challenge & playing with my new fav social media, Instagram now that it's available for Droid users. Are you on there?? Come find me if you are - @timecrafted - (of course) so I can see what pics you're snapping in your life!

Football!!! You should see what Siobhan posted on my FB wall about being nice, well mannered ladies during the rest of the year...until football season. LOL! I'm playing fantasy with hubs in the league we've been playing in for six?? years now with his friends AND a new league with my friends this year...so excited!

Are you playing??? I'd guess yes, right? How are you liking your team? I'd really like if we actually had a quarterback by now! And did you see who we got for a year??? UGH! UGH! UGH!!!! All that aside, I'm looking forward to a great season!

(((HUGS))))

Karen

PS...I might, *might* have abused some exclamation points in this comment!!!! ;> :>

Maggi said...

It's gorgeous Deb! Vintage and bling, two of my favorite things! :D

The Average Jay said...

They look even better in person. You are AWESOME!

NicNacManiac said...

Well Hey Hey Beautiful Girl,
I DO love this....
Hope you had a most spectacular year!!
Peace and {{Big Hugs}} Nerina

Diane said...

Hi,
I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join http://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
All the best,
Diane
info@coollectors.com

Dani Cristina said...

Your blog is FANTASTIC,loved know!
:)

Dani Cristina said...

Your blog is FANTASTIC,loved know!
:)