Thursday, April 14, 2011

~* Gone but Not Forgotten.... Shell Kepler *~

Some of you may remember gossipy nurse 'Amy Vining' years ago on General Hospital played by actress Shell Kepler. Shell wasn't just a talented actress, she also was an amazing fashion designer. Her popular Lacy Afternoon clothing line sold on HSN and was worth millions. Not only did Shell sell her creations, she also wanted ladies to be creative with their own clothing. So she added to her line "Make Fashion Magic" kits loaded with glue guns, glittery glue sticks, and embellishments such as rhinestones, buttons, pearls and ribbon rosettes for ladies to spice up their wardrobes. It was these kits that inspired me to start using embellishments not only on my clothing but on my layouts as well. I created my own 3-D scrapbooking accent line called 'Button Kisses" which I sold on ebay and to a few scrapbooking stores. Adding dimension to layouts at that time was daring (and I caught some major slack from scrapbookers!) Back then, this was over ten years ago, there were no 3-D embellishments in the scrapbooking marketplace. Today it's a whole other story.

Sadly, Shell passed away in 2008. I still can't believe she is gone. I'm honored to have Shell's personal glue guns that she created magic with. So a little part of Shell is always with me in my studio!

Thanks Shell ~ I'll never forget you!
xOxO

~* Layout created using Maya Road rub-ons, patterned paper and Thickers from The Pink Ninjas "Wonderful Life" April scrapbooking kit available for $30 on etsy here. *~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW that's a pretty layout.
I just finished my science lab so I decided to come and say Hi

Good Job On the Layout
Kyle

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Deb,
What a beautiful tribute...My gosh, she was so young...that is so sad.

Your creativity is amazing...and I'm your newest follower.
XO

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sad she passed away... and what a beautiful tribute you have done for her! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this lo! Just GORGEOUS my dearest! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

That is a great tribute to Shell. It's so awesome that someone can inspire other people so much.

The Wallace Family said...

Very sweet layout! Deb you knew what was important in a layout even then!!! Miss ya hugs:)

Chantal said...

Oh this is so pretty and I love the buttons! Thanks for your blog love... "petty" lol and then you added that it was supposed to be "pretty" - cracked me up! :D

xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

The creativity, the joy and the love we give is the love we will take away. She certainly took much love with her, for she spread so much joy. Bless you precious...and have joy in your heart! Anita

Jocelyn said...

What a wonderful tribute!!!! I loved reading this post!!!

The LO is just stunning!!! It is amazing how people can come into our lives and impact them is such wonderful ways!!! You have done that with me!!!

Wishing you a great one sweet friend....I am so ready for you and I to go shopping and have some retail therapy!!!!! I want to move right next door to you..Keep your eyes peeled for a house for Joe and I!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a wonderful tribute. I DO remember Shell Kepler - as I watched GH as a teenager. (Oh, I am aging myself here!). You created such a beautiful layout for her. Theresa

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Dearest Deb!

YOU CANE TODAY! THE GREEK BEACHES, aren't they just romantic and SO BLUE???? And you are making your girl's birthday theme BEACH? YEAH!!! Oh there is nothing like the freedom you feel on the water or with the breeze in your face. Take whatever photos you need dearest!!!! HAVE FUN and post on your art work for the theme!!! SEASTAR WANDS...what fun! Anita

Theresa said...

beautiful page Deb. I loved and watched General Hospital for years. i never knew this about her. very cool. I must google her now to read more.
Happy Sunday!!!
=)

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh, what a sweet story. You are such a trendsetter! Love it! Were your first embellies a bunch of 49er themed accents?? ;)

I have faith for our season. Hope...Dreams...it is our time!!

Karen said...

I'd always wondered about her picture on the bottom of your sidebar, but never asked. What a wonderful share & tribute. And how great is it that you had someone to inspire you creatively in such a fantastic way?! I certainly think is. :>