It has been a pleasure showcasing Tina McDonald'sdesigns with the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection this week. Her creations are all unique, beautiful and perfect for the holidays! Her final project is no exception either. Take a look at this gorgeous, sparKly rolled flower ornament she created with papers from the Rock Star Diva scrapbooking theme kit!!!!! This is beyond creative! And Tina has been gracious enough to share a tutorial of how she created it!
Strong adhesive (Helmar's Liquid Glue Dots)
Stickles or glitter glue
1 styrofoam ball
Long stick pins with a large head
2 inch circle punch
Silver thread or ribbon to hang
1. Punch several circles out from patterned paper.
2. Cut spiral from outside to center of circle as shown in photo.
3. Starting from the outside, roll tightly to form a flower bud. Tuck final under and around to form base.
4. Now, set the flower down, allowing it to uncoil some and relax.
5. Open the bottom flap and apply a nice fat dab of Helmar's liquid scrap dots.If you don't have any, get some! LOL But for now, you can try a hot glue gun or another really strong adhesive. Press flower into glue and hold until set.
***At this point I would set the flower aside and create another...the liquid scrap dots will need some time to cure. There are lots of flowers to be made! :)
6. Once the flower is well set, apply a dab of liquid scrap dots to the bottom of the flower and stick to the styrofoam ball. To hold in place, I stuck a pin to the center while the scrap dots cured. Again, if no scrap dots are available, you can use a glue gun or other strong adhesive.
7. Repeat step #6, adding flowers tightly to each other, thus reducing the amount of styrofoam visible between. Using a light colored paper helps it to be less visible. If you choose to use a darker colored paper, you might want to paint the styrofoam before you begin.
8. After the entire ball is filled with flowers, I added a stick pin to the top and tied a silver thread to it. you can use a ribbon or whatever you like for this step! :)
9. Allow the ball to sit overnight to be sure all the adhesive has time to set.
In the morning, remove all the stick pins.
10. Add the Stickles to each individual flower in a swirling circular motion. Don't be too fussy...it's going to look fabulous when it dries! (You will notice I had done this before letting is sit overnight! It made a mess on my pins, but if you're okay with that, it cuts down on drying time!) Once this is dry, you are done!
You're ready to gift it...or display it! I had initially planned to hang it on my tree, but it is a bit heavy, so it is more of a kissing ball for me! Wherever you hang it, make sure to hang it where it will be seen! Any project that takes that much work deserves it!!
Here's a beautiful BFF layout by guest designerTina McDonaldusing the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection Rock Star Diva scrapbooking theme kit and some bling from the collection. Tina used Helmar Liquid scrap dots to adhere the butterflies, the dimensional stars, and to create the adorable flower! This is so pretty, I love it!
Tomorrow I'll be showing Tina's fourth and final project, so stop by and take a peek! You can find the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection at Tuesday Morning stores, or online at:
Tis' the season for sparKly ornaments!! Aren't these cute!!
Tina McDonald used the Rock Star Diva scrapbooking theme kit from the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection to create these pretty pendant ornaments for her tree! And she was nice enough to share a tutorial on how to make them! Girls of all ages will have fun making these custom ornaments for their trees! Moms and daughters- it's time to get creative!!
1. Cut 2 strips of paper 1 1/2 inches X 12 inches.
2. Run one side of each through a border punch.
3. Using a stylus, score the papers at 1/4 or 1/2 inch intervals. I determine this depending on the border punch I use.
4. Fold the paper into an accordian.
5. I adhered the two pieces together using Helmar's Premium Craft Glue. Glue the other sides together as well to make one big circle.
6. Turn paper on it's side to create a circle as shown.
7. Adhere a small punched circle to the front and back of this circle.
8. Embellish as desired.
9. I added Stickles to the folds to create a beautiful shimmer to the ornaments.
10. Tie on a light string and you're ready to hang them on your tree!!
Special thanks to Tina for the awesome tutorial!
Check back on Friday for her last Christmas project!!!
The Paris Hilton Creativity Collection is proud to have designerTina McDonaldguest designing for us this week. Her projects are amazing and perfect for the Christmas season! She created this fabulous Holiday Diva wreath using a recycled cereal box and several sizes of circle punches!
Tina lives in beautiful New Brunswick, Canada with her hubby of 10 years and her 5 children. She has been scrapbooking for 6 1/2 years and draws inspiration from life around her. She says her style is hard to pinpoint, but is kind of romantic, clean and simple. She loves white space and journaling strips. She's had the honor of being published in several great magazines. She also has an awesome designing resume which includes: Helmar USA, Momena, Simply Renee: Clip It Up, Magistical Memories, and my StampBox and several kit clubs and online stores.
We're so excited having Tina share her designs with the Paris line this week! Stop by again to see more from Tina soon!
Erika took a recycled tea tin and made it into this pretty gift box using the Shopping Fever scrapbooking theme kit and an animal print Rhinestone Sheet from the Paris Hilton Creativty Collection. We're so excited to have Erika guest designing with the line once again.
Since I was a little girl, I have been fascinated with the world of creating. After having my son, I discovered the art of scrapbooking and that's when my passion took off.
There were few "pretty" scrapbooking accents in the marketplace then, so I developed my own line of 3-D punch art called "button kisses" which I sold on ebay and to scrapbooking stores. I then went on to sell pre made scrapbook layouts on ebay.
A few years back, HSN held a national scrapbooking contest where I was honored to be one of ten semi-finalists.
I have had the pleasure to be on design teams for A Kiss on the Chic, The Pink Ninjas, and was the lead designer for The Paris Hilton Creativity Collection where I had the unique opportunity to design with a line geared to encouraging young girls to be creative.
Designing for Lisa Kettell Designs is truly magical for me. I have created with and adored Lisa's beautiful creations for many years. I am honored to be a part of her talented team of artists and I hope to continue bringing out that passion of creating in others!
~ DEB FAMULARO
wife to BFF John, mom to Kyle & Ava, and fur-babies Paris (dog) Fiona (cat) & Hedgie (hedgehog)
She brings couples together. She lives in villages and even in bold city places. She can only be seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking. She wears brightly coloured stripy clothes like a bee and has gentle green butterfly wings. Get your own fairy name from the fairy name generator!
In Loving Memory of Shell Kepler (1959-2008)
The Queen of Creativity herself, thank you for inspiring me.