It has been a pleasure showcasing Tina McDonald's designs with the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection this week. Her creations are all unique, beautiful and perfect for the holidays! Her final project is no exception either. Take a look at this gorgeous, sparKly rolled flower ornament she created with papers from the Rock Star Diva scrapbooking theme kit!!!!! This is beyond creative! And Tina has been gracious enough to share a tutorial of how she created it!
Strong adhesive (Helmar's Liquid Glue Dots)
Stickles or glitter glue
1 styrofoam ball
Long stick pins with a large head
2 inch circle punch
Silver thread or ribbon to hang
1. Punch several circles out from patterned paper.
2. Cut spiral from outside to center of circle as shown in photo.
3. Starting from the outside, roll tightly to form a flower bud. Tuck final under and around to form base.
4. Now, set the flower down, allowing it to uncoil some and relax.
5. Open the bottom flap and apply a nice fat dab of Helmar's liquid scrap dots.If you don't have any, get some! LOL But for now, you can try a hot glue gun or another really strong adhesive. Press flower into glue and hold until set.
***At this point I would set the flower aside and create another...the liquid scrap dots will need some time to cure. There are lots of flowers to be made! :)
6. Once the flower is well set, apply a dab of liquid scrap dots to the bottom of the flower and stick to the styrofoam ball. To hold in place, I stuck a pin to the center while the scrap dots cured. Again, if no scrap dots are available, you can use a glue gun or other strong adhesive.
7. Repeat step #6, adding flowers tightly to each other, thus reducing the amount of styrofoam visible between. Using a light colored paper helps it to be less visible. If you choose to use a darker colored paper, you might want to paint the styrofoam before you begin.
8. After the entire ball is filled with flowers, I added a stick pin to the top and tied a silver thread to it. you can use a ribbon or whatever you like for this step! :)
9. Allow the ball to sit overnight to be sure all the adhesive has time to set.
In the morning, remove all the stick pins.
10. Add the Stickles to each individual flower in a swirling circular motion. Don't be too fussy...it's going to look fabulous when it dries! (You will notice I had done this before letting is sit overnight! It made a mess on my pins, but if you're okay with that, it cuts down on drying time!) Once this is dry, you are done!
You're ready to gift it...or display it! I had initially planned to hang it on my tree, but it is a bit heavy, so it is more of a kissing ball for me! Wherever you hang it, make sure to hang it where it will be seen! Any project that takes that much work deserves it!!
Tina, thank you for sharing your time and talent with the Paris Hilton line.
You have remarkable talent and we wish you all the best!
You can purchase the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection at Tuesday Morning stores or online at: