Wednesday, December 15, 2010

~* Christmas Pendant Ornaments Tutorial by Tina McDonald *~

Tis' the season for sparKly ornaments!! Aren't these cute!!
Tina McDonald used the Rock Star Diva scrapbooking theme kit from the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection to create these pretty pendant ornaments for her tree! And she was nice enough to share a tutorial on how to make them! Girls of all ages will have fun making these custom ornaments for their trees! Moms and daughters- it's time to get creative!!
1. Cut 2 strips of paper 1 1/2 inches X 12 inches.
2. Run one side of each through a border punch.
3. Using a stylus, score the papers at 1/4 or 1/2 inch intervals. I determine this depending on the border punch I use.
4. Fold the paper into an accordian.
5. I adhered the two pieces together using Helmar's Premium Craft Glue. Glue the other sides together as well to make one big circle.
6. Turn paper on it's side to create a circle as shown.
7. Adhere a small punched circle to the front and back of this circle.
8. Embellish as desired.
9. I added Stickles to the folds to create a beautiful shimmer to the ornaments.
10. Tie on a light string and you're ready to hang them on your tree!!
Special thanks to Tina for the awesome tutorial!
Check back on Friday for her last Christmas project!!!
xOxO

7 comments:

MrsETaylor said...

Yup, that Tina M has MAD SKILLS when it comes to paper crafting. Man I'm honored to know ya Tina

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH DEAR, I need to save this tutorial because I have always wanted to make these pendants but never really knew how! COPY AND PASTE, here I go!!!

HOW ARE YOU DEAREST ONE? I see I have a message from you in my email....I will sit comfortably later today to read it....I am off back to school after having been off two days SICK TO MY STOMACH!

MANY HUGS, Anita

Jocelyn said...

So pretty...and thanks for the how to!!!!

Love these!!!!

Lorraine said...

oh Divine, indeed, I love the art you show, andyou're own of course lol

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh, how I LOVE these! Truly beautiful ornaments. Thanks for sharing how they were made! Theresa

The Average Jay said...

WOW this is beautiful. Even a guy likes it.