Monday, April 26, 2010

~*Alice ~ the aRmEnIaN pRiNcEsS ~ my ATC swap with Helene *~

I had the privilege of swapping Alice in Wonderland ATC cards with another talented friend, Helene at Lotsa Scrap. Helene is a gifted artist with a beautiful vintage style that is all her own. She recently became a DT member for Pages in Time! Above is the beautiful card Helene created for me. Her details are amazing! She custom made this card specifically for me! Princess Alice has a pink strand in her hair (just like mine!) She has a pretty pink pearl necklace and golden crown. The Victorian faces on the flowers are so gorgeous- I just love it!! And Helene even signed the back of the card "Alice, the Armenian Princess!" Love that!!!
For Helene's card, I accented Princess Alice with some glittery modge podge, millinery flowers, shiny garland, bumpy accented mushrooms, pink rhinestones and a sparKly crown! I love making ATC's, but I have to say, receiving them from others is even more special, and I treasure these handmade mini works of art so much.
To Helene, thank you for sharing your talent with me- your artwork now graces my studio where I can enjoy it for always!!!
xOxO

18 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

I love BOTH of your cards to each other *smiles*!

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

Hi sweetie -

How've you been? Thank you for your visit today. I know, isn't that shop divine?! Your swaps are heavenly...such beautiful gifts. And, you are so creative! It's always a treat to see what new creation you come up with! Have a whimsical & blessed week, my dear!

http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com
http://closetfullofgoodies.blogspot.com

Karen said...

What fab ATCs...both of them!!! I love the vintage images with the great pops of color. And I'm smiling knowing that you have been having so much fantastic 'Alice' fun! :>

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

**eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk** these are GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee those little pearls!!!!! U BOTH ROCK the ALICE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sparkle said...

What darling ATCs!

Paper Paradise said...

Great ATC's, and yes, it is great to swap art as we gain so much from others! I bet it seemed 'odd' for you working on such a tiny canvass! x

krechi said...

Beautiful cards and colors!

Awais said...

Nice job :)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Both of these Alice cards are SO fabulous!!! You each did such a great job - you must have been delighted to receive yours; and I'm sure Helene was ecstatic to receive your amazing piece of work!!! :) More Alice!!! LOL Theresa

Jocelyn said...

Oh sweet friend...these are just adorable!!!! You are one talented lady.....well you know that...but I just want to tell you again!!!

Thank you for the wonderful love that you left for me...I ADORE YOU!!!

Wishing you a day filled with smiles!!! :-)

sassydesigns said...

Beautiful cards Deb! You both did an amazing job. Hope you are having a great week.
hugs,
D

rebekah said...

thanks for your sweet comment! glad i could inspire! ... love seeing all your alice stuff! its awsome!.. and to think.. i haven't seen the movie yet.. OH don't hate me..:)

Callista said...

speechless.... just speechless... I love these cards!!!

TxScrapAddict said...

Oh lovely!!! Hope all is well!!! xoxo

Leanne said...

Both of these cards are stunning Deb.
Oh I sent your parcel off this morning and they said that it should only take a week to get there. Can't wait for you to see what I made you
Leanne xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Magnificent work, Deb. You have inspired me in so many ways, but I have so little time. I am eeking out, however, some works that I am proud of!!! MERCI MA BELLE! Anita

♥zoe♥ said...

Wooooo It's ALICE swap!!! How beautiful and love these card so much! You girls are just so talented and i'm never feel tired of ALICE because my Candy Roo, filled with lots of your Alice love*teehee*

xoxo
♥zoe♥

Maggi said...

How fun! Both of these are awesome!