Monday, March 8, 2010

~* a veRy meRRy un-biRthdAy to mE! *~from maggi

It was a very merry un-birthday for me today thanks to my Wonderland Swap partner and friend, Maggi, from Just Add Glitter and Stir!
She also happened to be the hostess for this fabulous event! She totally blew me away with her unique talent and her big heart. Every beautiful gift even had it's own special embellished tag with a personalized poem! I am beyond grateful! Here's a closer peek at each of the treasures she made for me:
A gorgeous handmade, mirrored jewelry box that says "Open Me" on top and features Alice inside with the most adorable handmade paper and crochet cookie treats! Soooo cuTe! I adore this!!!!!!!
A mirrored box
Holds many a treasure
But what size you'll be
Cannot quite be measured.
A pink wooden 'D' soldier embellished in my favorite colors pink & black with Hello Kitty!!! Maggi knows me too well!
D is for Deb
That is a fact
But a pink card soldier?
Who thought of that?
The Queen of Hearts in her pretty rose garden sitting on top of a sparKly golden crown!!!! There are red roses, white roses, and partially painted roses! How clever is that?
A golden crown sits
Upon the Royal Head
For painting on her roses
They will soon all be dead.
A captured Alice in a jar with pink sparKly tulle and dangling beads! I made one for Maggi and Maggi made one for me, great minds huh!
A jar filled with moss
Pink tulle and some wire
With it's lid on tight
They're sure to stay drier.
A gorgeous wooden wall hanging with the Mad Tea Party scene!!! I love this and couldn't make something like this if I tried!!!
A mad tea party
Pours on too long
When you have a watch
That is two days wrong!
And my most heartfelt piece is this pretty Alice frame. Besides being pink and beautiful, Maggi put my beloved grandmother's name in Armenian on it, which in English is, you guessed it, Alice!
(It's also my middle name!)
A whimsical frame
Of buttons and bits
Will grace the surface
Upon which it sits.
Thank you Maggi for bringing your creative Wonderland into my life!! And thank you for hosting this swap! All of us have a common bond- our love for Alice in Wonderland, and you brought us all together!
I love my treasures and I love you!
xOxO

25 comments:

Maggi said...

Awwwwwwww, everything looks so at home with you!!! :D

I'm so glad you liked everything, thank you so much for being my partner! I adore you!

sassydesigns said...

WOW, what a bunch of treats! It all looks amazing and fun!:) Happy un-birthday to you!!!!!
hugs,
D

Sparkle said...

What lovely projects you lucky gal!

Callista said...

WTG Maggi!

euphoria said...

so so so fantastical! What a fun swap, huh!?!?

You two spoiled eachother!

2amscrapper said...

stupendous swap items!

NicNacManiac said...

Happy UnBirthday to you!! Fabulous thoughtful and personal goodies!! You guys really were a perfect match!! Enjoy your week! xOxO

Karen said...

WOW! Looks like Maggi spun you a treasure of creative delights! You both treated each other to wonderful Alice fun, were great partners, and have treated all of us to delightful eye candy by sharing.....thanks! :>

TxScrapAddict said...

Oh how simply devine!! A VERY HAPPY Un-birthday to you!!

♥zoe♥ said...

Morning sweetie, here is 9:42AM. You have the best ever partner and i'm adore everything Maggi made for you it's totally amazing! You girls rock! Can't wait our though*teehee* I'm still work hard on it...lol looking at so much of awesome creations from you girls it's so inspiring:)
Fab week onwards to you cute lady!

xoxo
♥zoe♥

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Deb dearest,

I missed your last post, and I hope you catch my visit for this INCREDIBLE display of fine gifts...I just adore this world of yours, and mine now because I am making my little book and it is starting to look good, little by little.

HAVE A FAB DAY TOMORROW! Anita

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That's it!!! I am OFFICIALLY changing my name to Debbie Maggi....I wanna be spoiled too!!! LOL!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) and ummmmmmmmmmmmmm silly girl...OF COURSE I would recognize Joe M.....he is toooooooooooooooo hot to miss!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Wow - Deb!!! What LOVELY goodies. Aren't un-birthdays fun!!! This was the greatest swap ever - I'm so happy Maggi created it. Got to meet so many great creative people!!! Enjoy your goodies!!!! Theresa :)

Pink Haired Momma said...

I am blown away! Too awesome. You both are so talented and I feel special because i had a chanc to view yalls masterpieces!!

Chantal said...

OMG! A very merry un-birthday to you! I love all the goodies you've got on your blog!!! Yummy! I especially love the bejewelled box with Johnny in the middle! It's just awesome! :)

P.S. - how was the 3D in the movie? Was is as good as Avatar?

Jocelyn said...

Oh everything is just beautiful....You are sooooo lucky!!!

Wishing you a very merry UnBirthday!!!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

What a perfect gifts for you! You probably have them set up all over your house already, telling the kids-just look, don't touch!

Maggi, you are amazing, just look at your talent!!!!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Sooo much fun! love every bit of catching up here! Blessings dear!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Deb, go to my new little blog on my sidebar: HOT OFF THE PRESS and you will see my first attempt at binding my own story and illustrations....tell me what you think, and thank you so much for your dear, wonderful support! Anita

Callista said...

thank you for the sweet comments over on my blog re: my Wonderland creations. My hubby just called and told me I received a package today so I can't wait to get home and open it! Soo excited!!
Did you ever get your hands on the Alice Book of Shadows?!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

oh Deb, thank you for coming to check out my drawings and book! It has been so much fun, and you inspired me so much, more than you probably know.

BISOUS! Anita

Pearl said...

ooo my ! awesome x 3 !

Happy unbirthday indeed , Deb !!! enjoy !!!

Leanne said...

HAPPY UN BIRTHDAY to my dear cyber friend.

Love all those beautiful treats. Emma is going to see Alice in Wonderland with her big sister tomorrow night. I wasn't invited :-( Oh well I guess I will have to go all by myself
Leanne xxx

jazsutra said...

and a Blessed Birthday to you sweetie!!!! love and hugs and kisses from JAZ

jazsutra said...

I am in Wonderland!!!!!!!
tfs ;)