Saturday, March 27, 2010

~* a PiNk NiNjAs CAROUSEL kIt BlOg HoP*~

Melanie, Cris and I all wanted to do a blog hop together and I couldn't wait! We wanted to choose one kit that all of us LOVED and could design with! We looked at a bunch of kits, but the one we all agreed upon unanimously was the Pink Ninjas Carousel kit! So here's what I came up with, and please hop on over to these talented girls' blogs too and see what they created! And Ninja Ally, we love you girl - thanks for the awesome kits!
My first and biggest project with this kit was this dollhouse. I want to say this was super fun and easy! It wasn't! I walked away from this thing about four times before deciding I wasn't going to let IT win! I started with the roof which was a mix of paint and patterned papers and worked my way down! After much frustration cutting out the windows, I decided NO windows were going on the sides of the house! The ribbons in the kit are gorgeous. I tied two bows in front above the windows, and one bow around the entire house. And the rolled roses in this kit are so unique, I used two- one at the chimney and one right in front!
The Teresa Collins paper included in this kit has some beautiful quotes. I cut them up and placed them around the house, and even on the backside! And I love the ballerinas - every dollhouse needs a doll, or cute ballerinas! They're in here! I did use some extra items not included in the kit such as paint, pearl garland, pearl embellies, lace, rosettes, dew drops, paper fringe and pink Hambly chandelier rub-ons.
Next up is a little Easter gift box! This was a fun, EASY project after the dollhouse experience! I just covered the box in the papers provided, added some easter grass, the heart embellies included in the kit, and the pretty wings from the kit.
The pastel rainbow ribbon that was in the kit, I used it to create a rose and added a few sparKly rhinestones. Super fast, super easy.....YaY!
Oh, this card I created for my bay area "should be 49ers but is a Seahawks" girl Karen! (cough - cough!!!) It was made using the glittery wings that are in this kit! Those were perfect for my favorite Hawks fan!!!
And many of you saw my layout with Ava in a previous post, Down the Rabbit Hole. This was also created using Carousel! The crochet flower, the rolled rose, the pink tulle, pearl swirl...need I say more!This kit is just loaded with pretty items!! Here's a closer look at Carousel:
And here is where you can purchase Pink Ninjas kits! Please make sure you stop by Mel and Cris' blogs to see their beautiful creations!!
Have a happy weekend everyone!
xOxO

31 comments:

Jocelyn said...

OH MY GRAVY...I just fell off of my chair.....YOU ARE SOOOOOO TALENTED and I adore the Doll House....WOWZA....that is AWESOME...

Love the Easter Box and the LO....to die for!!!

I just ADORE Pink Ninja Kits...they are so packed full of the most wonderful products!!! I am off to check this one out...

Wishing you a great weekend and thank you for all the love you sent me...I ADORE YOU!!! you know that now don't you!!! :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEB...YOU HAVE MY HEART GIRL! I love doll houses, and this kit is superb. The Easter box as well is covered with so many goodies, I just am speechless, really! And..many, many thanks to you for your visit to my theatre...aren't I crazy? But I have to do it!!! I have been practicing my drawing that I left dormant since I was about 10! I know I want to go somewhere on a broader scale with my ideas, but I have no idea how. I will find a way, however! MERCI!!! Anita

Karen said...

Oh my pink!! Love that house.....my daughter is oooo'ing and ahhh'ing right now! Even though it gave you some challenges, your perseverance was well worth it. And I just went to check out the Pink Ninjas......awesome kit!! I {heart} my wings from it!! Are they made from femo??? What a fab inspiration stop here today!! Off to check out the other two in your own blog hop! :>

TxScrapAddict said...

OMG!! I'm on fabulous, lucious beautiful overload!!! I need some smelling salts......I need to make a raod trip to the big D for some instructions on that house!!

Julie said...

Debbie,
Firstly I really hope your feeling better honey and back to your normal self.
Can i just say - the dolls house is jaw dropping - so amazing, I keep looking at it and noticing something different about it each time, the easter box is so cute [full of choccies i hope] - oh what am i on about everything you create is soooo amazing.
You truly are an inspiration to me.
Ju xxx

Sherry Goodloe said...

Deb Deb DEB! That house is just . . . I'm at a loss for words! You are the glittzy, frilly, pinkiest crafter I know *smiles* This is quite impressive girlfriend!

Julie said...

beautiful work!!!!

Cris said...

Hey sweetie - can you believe we pulled this off? My goodness that dollhouse s just DA BOMB!!!!!! You never cease to amaze me O Talented One! I love you to pieces and am always glad to stop by a gawk for hours at your lovely creations...xoxoxo

rebekah said...

this is amazing! i'm glad you stuck it out with the house! how totally awsome!

jacque4u2c said...

This is just so gorgeous!!!! You really rocked this kit!!!! I still have drool running down my face. I bet Ava was like thanks Mom this is gorgeous!!!!

♥zoe♥ said...

WoooOooWaaaaaahhhArrrrrhhhh! Extrodinary so much EYE CANDY in this post!!!!Oh i want to move in to your dollhouse PLEASE! Aren't you created my dream pink house? Love all the detail and great without window at the side of the house because the kit with quotes and chandelier is so beautiful! Lace ribbon gosh...how sweet!

I love your colourful easter box so bright colours and happy feeling for me looking at it*teehee* Love the soft pastel Rainbow ribbon indeed!
Drooling looking at these wonderful creations of yours!
xoxo
♥zoe♥

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Hi Deb! WOW - the dollhouse is EXTRAORDINARY!!! I love that so much - it's perfect. You really outdid yourself with that piece alone. :) I love all the projects - but I keep going back to the pink, frilly dollhouse. :) Have a wonderful rest of the weekend! Theresa

2amscrapper said...

WOWZA is right! AMAZING dollhouse. I bet your daughter LOVES it! And the other projects are totally fab! Sorry I didn't comment earlier about Zoey's adorable frame. LOVE LOVE LOVE your work, Deb!

Maggi said...

Wowowowowowow, I love it all! That house looks good enough to eat! *drool*

Cris said...

Deb -- guess what? There's ONE left - grab it girlie!

icandy... said...

OMG...
THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!
I want to move into that house!!!!
XOXoXOXOX

Melanie Stanczyk said...

I was just thinking If I was small, I'd live in that house. Could you imagine how FUN it would be to decorate the inside and make rooms with carpet and pained walls with itty bitty pictures?!?!?! You should get on that right away. ILMAO!

This was fun...can't wait to see which kit we pick next and play with!

Your talent knows no boundaries.

Leanne said...

OMG Deb that house it to die for. I cannot believe how awesome it looks. You Rock big time chickie..... I wonder if the pink ninja kits deliver to Australia?

Leanne xxx

The Mama Monkey said...

I am so glad to have "met" you! :) So, I have to know...how does a 9ers fan survive in TX? Are you all in their face about it? I mean...I would wear red/gold all winter and then walk around afraid for my life. KIDDING! Girl, you have mad crafting skills! That house is amazing!! I am adding you to my sidebar if that is OK.

Michele Brooks said...

Umm...I want that doll house...seriously.

Gorgeous projects chica! You never cease to amaze me with your creations!

Nathalie said...

What a fun idea you gals had! Your work is amazing!

yyam said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Pure gorgeousness Deb!
I love all the creations..especially the dollhouse! :) Absolutely divine details...I'm loving all the pink prettiness!

You're so talented!

Thanks for recommending the kit too...I must go check it out!

Pearl said...

wow ! that dollhouse was definitley worth all the time & effort you too ! awesome result ! & love the bows you tied on ! you rawked this kit out , hun !!!

Leanne said...

WOW your creations are fabulous but that house....WOW!!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

holy smokes deb!!! that house is AMAZING!!!!! seriously amazing!!! puts my little nikki's house planters to shame!! lol!!! loveeeeeeeeeeee it soooooooooooooo much!!!! and that box is wowwwwwwwwwwwww......U seriously WOW AMAZE me my friend!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Craftypagan said...

OMG! Are you freaking kidding?! How much do I LOVE this dollhouse! You rock lady! Thank goodness you kept going with it when you felt like giving up-its the most fabulous project I've ever seen! Thanks for voting for me hun too:) You're a sweetheart:) Hugs, Rowena

allyson joy said...

aggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! im screaming right now!!!!! i love you ~ i love you ~ i love youuuuuuuuuu!!! you are amazing!!!!!!! you know i love that doll house ~ youre amazing and that layout and the card and *sigh* the easter box ~ amazing,,,, thank you for the sweet shout out and thank you for hosting this blog hop ~ ive said it a million times, but im so glad we crossed paths ~ loves!!!!! on to the next blog,,,,,, this just made me so happy!!!!
{xoxo}

terri k said...

That is awesome Deb!

Emily said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSA Deb!!!!! You totally rock!!! That dollhouse is to die for!!! Holy smokes!! How on earth did you make it?? What did you use to make the actual house???? OMG< I'm swooning!!!!!!

Callista said...

the house is too die for girl! way to go! Always a treat to visit you!

krechi said...

Wow! Wonderful dollhouse!
Krasi, from Bulgaria