Thursday, January 7, 2010

~* That's Italian!!! *~

So after 2 months of having packed up most of my studio while our home is on the market, I decided I need to do some MAJOR shopping because I need to create NOW and I'm not scavenging through 50 boxes in the storage unit to get to all my stuff! One of my shopping stops was Scarlet Lime, and this kit motivated me instantly! I created this layout for my husband last night! These Italian girls were photographed on Christmas Eve in the early 80's! Starting at the left is my mother-in-law Geraldine, her twin sister Ann, and their older sister Chris doing what they do best.....cooking!
When I saw the green buttons, red letterman alpha Thickers and red checkboard ribbon in this kit, I knew this photo would be perfect!
The rose patterned paper is awesome! Anything with roses I love!
The only extras I added were some paint, a couple of red rosettes and the bling! (gee, really!!!!) There you have it.
Now That's Italian!
xOxO

14 comments:

Me........... said...

ooh love the layout - the buttons are FAB!!!

Jocelyn said...

Love this one Deb....so glad to see you back creating again and you were sooooo right...the PERFECT PIC!!! They are adorable!!!

Have a great day sweet friend!!

xoxo
J

Callista said...

love this! great pic.

Sparkle said...

I love all the bling and buttons!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

when i first saw the title of the post......i thought....yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! deb finally did a lo about me!! lol!!! kidding girl!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! that photo is sooooooooooooooooo fun! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

That's Who I Am said...

Love your Layout..adorable! We are snowed in the rest of the week off school so I think I might get a little scrapping done!! So glad you went on a shopping spree:)

TxScrapAddict said...

Ohh looks great! Be careful you don't end up with 50 more boxes....haha!

rebekah said...

love the bling and buttons! thanks for joining my site deb - your stuff is so original and i love that in any craft or creation!
beka

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEB! This is divine. First of all, Italian moms....then the gorgeous green and of course the bling. YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER! And...thank you for coming by again. You know that you are in my heart and your children. God bless you all and keep you safe!!! Maybe it's just not time for you to move. That house of yours is a lovely castle for you....Peace my friend, Anita

Theatre Du Boheme said...

Deb, I love it!! I love the buttons and I know what you're going through. It's almost like comes to a complete stop while going through this process. Ugh! I don't miss it at all. Maybe you will have better luck after this artic blast blows through? I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Stacey said...

I love it! I am so glad you were able to get scrappy stuff while your stuff is packed. I hope your house sells soon!!!

robin dudley-howes said...

Great layout...all of your layouts are great! Love the PH line of bling too.
robin

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Great layout Deb!

So you bought a kit...finally-you are back Baby!!!!!! Glad to see you are doing what you love!

2amscrapper said...

Now that's what I call a perfect layout!