Monday, January 25, 2010

~* sWeEt KyLe *~ going green & a toothpick challenge!


I've been unpacking my stuff from storage BACK into the house all weekend. I have gotten used to my house being somewhat empty, and I have to say, I think I prefer it like this. So only about 1/3 of my stuff is coming back in, and the rest- donated. Going through box after box and breaking them down to recycle, my son grabbed a sheet of cardboard and said I should use it to scrapbook with. Smart kid! So I made the cardboard into a wall hanging of him! I used this cute vintage ephemera kit I bought on etsy here at Lucky Girl Goods. Cari has some really cute items! I was able to put this together pretty fast thanks to the kit. I dry brushed the cardboard first with Robin's Egg Blue paint, then added the ephemera. And Scrap Outside the Box is having a challenge, use a toothpick on your layout! Check them out! So fun!!
xOxO

18 comments:

PaperCameraScissor said...

I <3 the vintage feel!! about three years ago i bought a grouping of vintage Valentines at a local antique mall. You are so amazing at scrapping makes me so jealous.

I really love how you added the challenge to your already green project WAY TO GO---:) makes me super happy!!

btw--guess what i found last week at a 2nd chances store? my vanity!! I think i might go back to get it.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It came out lovely and Kyle had all to do with it; smart boy and lucky mom! I do think uncluttering is a good thing. I am sure your home looks fabulous!!! Bisous ma belle, Anita

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely decor piece! Very pretty!

TxScrapAddict said...

Fantastic! I'm in the process of pruning my stuff too!

Sue Abbott said...

Kyle was thinking 'outside the box' with this one! I just LOVE corrugated card it is so versatile. You'v done a great job as always. x

Theresa said...

I love what you did with that cardboard... so cute. and I always learn about some great new blog or stuff to buy when I'm reading your posts. thanks for sharing..=)

KeKe said...

Deb, thats really sweet~
Sorry to hear that you're unpacking~I wish things would have went the other way for you...

Tammy said...

What a smart little fellow you have. :D I love how it turned out!
Tammy

Maggi said...

So cute, you know I love the vintage stuff girl! lol

Good luck cleaning out and organizing!

luckygirlgifts said...

that turned out amazing. Wow!!!
Thank you so much. I'm so glad you liked your kit. You rock.
Have a fabulous week.
cAri b.

2amscrapper said...

Wow!

That's Who I Am said...

Love the wall hanging and what a smart little boy! It feels so nice to get rid of things that just take up space in the house! I love doing that!!

Jocelyn said...

LOVE THIS.....you did an awesome job!!!

Have a great week and yay for unpacking and recyling and getting rid of what you don't use!!

When you finish can you come on over and help me out!!!

Love ya,
J

jacque4u2c said...

This is so amazing!!! i bet your son was blown away!!!!!

We are trying to declutter too - it is really job in itself!

icandy... said...

Hello, love!
I have a package sitting here that's got your name all over it... it's just a matter of making it to the post office....YIKES!!!
Love and hugs, I'll let you know when I get it sent out!
OXOX

Emily said...

Gorgeous!!! I love playing with cardboard.

Callista said...

love this!

I've been trying to simplify our house as well, but it doesn't work very well when my mom keeps dropping boxes off at my house!

Karen said...

Smart kidlet...love that he's passing on alterables & supplies to you! Love the playing cards and all the red!