Sunday, December 13, 2009

~* sPaRkLY hOlIdAy KeEpSaKe gIfT BoXeS *~

As many of you know, most of my scrapbooking studio is currently packed away in a storage unit while our house is on the market. And I'm going CRAZY being unable to create anything these past couple of months!
I wanted to make Paris Hilton's Holiday Keepsake Gift Box idea featured in the teen section at Scrapbooking.com this month. I loved the idea of using a layout on the gift box, I had never seen that before!
So I ran and bought another paper trimmer, a glue stick, some glue dots, and a few decoupage boxes. Those basic items and a few pieces from the Paris Hilton line was all I needed to create the gift boxes shown.
I created the layout for the keepsake gift box above using the My New BFF theme kit and the Flowers and Lights paper pad from the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection. I covered this box with purple paper, and adhered my layout on top. Very simple, yet it looks so elegant.
Then I was in the crafting mood (after being deprived for so long!) so I created the box below using the Flowers and Lights paper pad again (I LOVE that paper pad!) I made some layered flowers from the paper pad for the top and glittered them with tons of Stickles. I glued some trims around the top edge and my gift box was done. So much more personal that gift wrap! Who wouldn't love getting a package like this?

This is such a fun project! Moms and daughters, create these gift boxes together and have fun being creative!
All of the instructions to create these pretty gift boxes are given
on Scrapbooking.com, so check it out!
You can see all of Paris Hilton's The Creativity Collection at:
And keep your eye out on their website for some exciting news
that's coming VERY soon!!!!
xOxO

13 comments:

TxScrapAddict said...

That is a FABULOUS box!!! Poor dear.....maybe there's a 12 step program for scrapping withdrawls. Hope you and yours are doing wonderful and have a GREAT Christmas!

lotsa scrap said...

Just gorgeous--love both projects. Thanks for some inspiration for holiday gift giving.

icandy... said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this gift box, you do so many pretty things, Deb! I only wish that you had your studio back at your fingertips... I can only imagine what you would be up to!!!
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
CJ

Michele Brooks said...

Hey chica! I know what you're talking about with the scrappin' supplies being packed up...it's annoying ain't it? I love the box! You are doing amazing stuff with her line! Keep it up!

Maggi said...

Wowowowow, I love it so much! That would be more fun to get than the gift it housed! lol

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!! DEB!!! That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear the NEWS either! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour mon amie! There is something about little decorated boxes that I just can't resist. These are so dainty and lovely and I am sure that they were just as fun to make!!! I have so many ideas for box decorating but no time!!! How are ya'? Enjoy your week dearest! Anita

Jocelyn said...

Love these....they turned out perfect!

Miss you and want to take this time to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

I wore the bracelet you gave me last night to a party and the girls when goo goo over it!!! :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Deb! Thank you for your kind words....no long sentences needed; just your visit and kindness are enough! Your comments do mean a lot to me! I so enjoy writing and improving it; I think my favorite part of writing is revising my rough drafts. I just love that!!!! Thanks again dearest, Anita

Six divided by two..... said...

Fab!!! Divine!! and in the words of Paris, " That's hot!!"
I thought of you yesterday. I went to a HUGE scrapbooking store by my house. I was thinking," Sparkling would loooove this place."
Have a great day!!

That's Who I Am said...

I LOVE it!! It's so cute:) WE miss you in blogging land and I am sure you are going crazy not being able to create while all of your scrapping/crafty stuff is put away..hopefully you will get to get it all out soon!!

zandra said...

Awesome box! Love the flowers. Just stop by to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
Hugz, Z

Craftypagan said...

This is Soooooo beautiful! I love the colours you've used and those flowers are stunning! Loving your style lady! Hugs, Rowena