Saturday, September 19, 2009

~*GoInG gReEn with Paris Hilton's scrapbooking packaging!*~


So far I have gone through 7 of the Paris Hilton Creativity Collection scrapbooking theme kits and about 8 packages of rhinestones sheets and bling. Not only is what's inside HOT, but the packaging for this line is pretty cute too. I couldn't bear to throw any of it away! I had a pile of empty packages sitting in the corner of my studio and yesterday I decided to turn this trash into treasure! I wanted to use the different Paris images on the metallic cardboard to come up with a wall hanging for my daughter Ava's bedroom. So I took 3 different scrapbooking kits and cut the images of Paris into 4 X 7 inch segments, punched holes equal distance apart and tied the 3 pieces together with some blue tulle. Then I glitzed it up with some lace, ribbon, a Prima rose and some bling from one of Paris' rhinestone packs - "I Love Me."
Perfect as all girls should love themselves, so important.

Next, I created a layout of my daughter's BFF Ashley. This time I cut 5 Paris images from the rhinestone sheet and bling packages. I created a shiny border with these, alternating the different colors, on the bottom edge of patterned paper from the Flashes & Stars paper pad. I added some flowers, foil, letter stickers and trim! "That's Hot!"
So girls, if you buy anything from this line, make sure that you save the packaging and let's see what creations you can come up with!! You can see the whole collection here @
xOxO

~* Special thanks to Ashley for her sassy photos! *~

12 comments:

icandy... said...

Eeeeek! LOVE it! That first one is so cool, Deb! I really like that look and how you used every last bit o' stuff! I am somewhat of a packrat.... I never throw anything away~ you know, that tiny scrap will surely be used in something else one day!
Heeee!
Love and hugs!
Christina

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE these!!!!! HOLY CREATIVE!!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee how U used Paris's image from the packaging!!!!! Need any glue dots???? LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

That's Who I Am said...

Love the wall hanging. What a great way to use every single piece of the kit including the packaging! Great idea:)I also love the lo...too cute and love the pictures!

TxScrapAddict said...

These are wonderful!! I can't throw away packaging either...drives my DH NUTS! Hee hee! And, thanks for the wonderful comments....DS is doing much better now! Just wich he hadn'r been so generous and shared it with me! LOL!! x0oxoxo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ashley is way too cute! Again, such a nice line for girls to keep them busy but to bring out their creativity! How are the kids now? Thank you Deb for coming by with your gracious comments! You are so special! Anita

Melanie Stanczyk said...

What a great way to use the packaging! You are just amazing.

Sherry Goodloe said...

There's not a time I have stopped by to visit that I didn't put a smile on my face! Just love how you use all of the glitz and glitter!

Maggi said...

Very creative way to use the packaging! You rock!

Jkfrt said...

Deb, all I can say is GENIUS, GENIUS and GENIUS. What a great wat to go green! I love to visit your blog to see what you have done and you always amaze me.I can't get enough of the Paris line ,keep making those wonderful lay outs. Kat.

lotsa scrap said...

Brilliant! Way to go green! And I love the wall hanging and layout!

jazsutra said...

so so cooool! you and the Paris kit are meant for each other!!!! *wink*-jaz

Karen said...

Fabulous! Gotta love a 'green' project that turns out as fantastic as these! Isn't it great that so many paper crafting items have packaging just as worthy as its contents?! :>