Wednesday, August 5, 2009

~* hOoRaY fOr HoLlYwOoD! *~ (edited)



Hello everyone! We are back from a California vacation and it was awesome. We stayed in Ventura right on the beach! It was beautiful. I'm working on getting my 500 + pics edited while settling back at home in this triple digit heat. But here was a little moment with my son Kyle in Hollywood that I thought I'd share on Michael's star! We took a Hollywood tour which included the stars' homes, walked up & down Rodeo Drive, and shopped on Melrose Avenue where my favorite store in the world is - Tarina Tarantino! That was a little piece of Pink Heaven, I swear! Half my wallet was left in that store, but SO worth it! Didn't get to see Tarina sadly!
But we did however manage to see Christian Audigier at his Ed Hardy store slashing away a pink top that one of his models was wearing.
I'm a native Californian, but San Francisco is so different from LA - I LOVE it!
I didn't want to leave! I'm out of the blogging loop, so I'll try to get caught up soon. Hope everyone is doing great! Thank you for all your sweet comments on my album btw, I appreciate them! I'll be guest designing for Color Me Miki one last time this month and will talk more about that after the 15th!
Oh yea, I got to see the President! Well, kind of!
We visited the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley! I have to admit, I thought this would be a snore, but it was one of the highlites of our trip. Air Force One was in there and we got to go inside the plane. Of course my husband (an air traffic controller) went crazy as well as Kyle who loves planes as much as his daddy! But that was pretty cool!
So while I was gone from the great blogging world, I was double tagged
by the lovely Vicki (who is having a design team call btw and I am priviledged to be guest designing for her in October) to:
1. Collect the book that you have most handy.
2. Turn to page 161.
3. Find the 5th complete sentence.
4. Cite the sentence on your blog.
5. Pass it on to 5 other victims, Oops, I mean bloggers!
So my sentence is:

This is a bountiful universe, with plenty of provisions for everyone.

My book is Daily Guidance from Your Angels by Doreen Virtue. I bought this at a really cute and well known angel store called Things from Heaven on Main Street in Ventura, California. Love the book and the store!
Vicki was also kind enough to give me a blog award:
Since I have no idea who has been tagged while I was away, I will spare my fellow bloggers THIS TIME of being tagged. I do need to list 10 things I love about blogging to accept this award, so here goes:
1. Friendship- I never imagined meeting such incredible friends through blogging! 2. Inspiration- there is unlimited inspiration here, and it's free! 3. Creativity- seeing what you guys create is amazing! 4. Entertainment - many of you are comedians, and you know who you are! Thanks for making me smile! 5. Compassion - I have found myself connected to many of you through your personal stories that you've shared online. 6. Gratitude - I am grateful to blog among you! 7. Appreciation - Not only for the art and personal stories shared, but for the wonderful ladies behind them. 8. Excitement- I'm with Vicki on this one! I always get excited when I get a new follower on my blog!!! 9. Motivation - When I get in my creative slump, all I need to do is see your blogs to get me going again!
10. Love - pure & simple, I love you guys! xOxO

17 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Awesome trip...great memories and that pic of you and your son is a keeper.
Ohh the sights and sounds of Hollywood!!
Can hardly wait for your pix!!
Welcome back..I missed you!
Hogs xOxO, Nerina :)

Stacey said...

How exciting you got to hit Melrose!!! I grew up in So Caso hearing about it makes me miss it all again. Glad you had a great trip. Can't wait to see all the pictures and what you have in store scrappy wise.

Missy's Blog said...

Sounds like such a wonderful trip. I love the picture of you and Kyle.

Can't wait to see the pictures you share.

Welcome "home".

TxScrapAddict said...

Sounds like a great trip!! Welcome back!

Drama queens mum (Kimberly) said...

Glad you had fun. I haven't been to Hollywood since 98. I need to get back there.

Julie said...

I'm so glad you had a great holiday, there is nothing like quality family time - I cant wait to see your pictures - I have missed your wonderful creations over the last two weeks.
Take Care for Now - Ju xxx

Puffle Paradise said...

Finally I'm on your blog (YAY), that was so fun.

Thanks for the trip mom and dad,

Kyle

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww!!! i love that photo!!! Sounds like U had a FAB time! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

icandy... said...

I've never been to Cali... it sounds and looks like sooo much fun! The pic @ Micheal's star is priceless! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time...welcome back!
Hugs!

That's Who I Am said...

Looks and sounds like you had a blast. I love California. Your sitting in triple digits and we have yet to hit the 90s this summer which NEVER happens in Louisville! First time ever in recorded history! Our weather has been insane this year! Crazy crazy. Glad your back home missed ya! Oh yeah I was wondering if that red X was fixed on your button? Wanted to change it out if it was!!

Debra said...

What a great vacation. I grow up in the bay area. I love SF. I'm happy you got to visit MJ such a nice picture of you and your son. Look forward to seeing more pics.
Enjoy,
Debra

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour!!! What a great trip you had!! So you are from SF? I am a Los Angeles girl myself! I used to love to go to West L.A. and shop on Montana St. There you will find the original Shabby Chic store. How gorgeous your photos are and your son is sweet! I feel for you living in Texas...those triple digits are nasty. Thank you darling for visiting my site! My grandma was an angel and her photos give me such pleasure. And your scrapbooks are always so fun and exciting to see evolve! Give us more now that your'e back!!! Anita

The Average Jay said...

Wow that was a beautiful post! Thanks for making me smile on such a hard day.

Hayley G said...

you're so talented, it's just a joy to read your blog and see your layouts!!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Glad you had such a wonderful trip and got to do everything you set out to do and MORE! Next time you come, we'll have to try to meet up and do some shopping in my neck of the woods :) xo Sherry from The O.C.

Lisa T. Howard said...

Do you know how much I missed YOU?!?!?!?!!!!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip! My daughter and I both share a major wish to visit California...one day, one day. I LOVE that pic w/ Mr. President! And I would have been just like you thinking the Presidential Library would have been boring. Glad to know it proved you/me wrong.

I was so excited when I saw you had left a comment for me regarding my DT news! You are the sweetest, most awesome supporter! Even though the news has been out for several days, you brought me right back up to an even greater high than when I found out I made the team. I can't thank you enough for your encouraging words. I love ya, Girlie!!!!

Well I know how you must be trying to see what you've missed in blogland. I have been home for a few weeks and I still feel behind. Of course, blogger isn't playing nice. It will let me read posts but is frequently being a stinker when I want to leave comments. Have yourself a lovely weekend and I can't wait to see you awesome scrapping creations again! XOXO L

Jocelyn said...

Oh girlie....it looks like you had such a great time and I just adore the pic of you and the President!!! I need to get out to CA soon....I just adore it there!!!!! Melrose it awesome!!!!The pic of you and Kyle is PERFECT!!!!! I have MISSED YOU and I am so glad that you are home!!!! I love my bracelet and can't wait to get out of my PJ's to wear it...hey I am going to put it on my my Blingy PJ's....Joe will think I look hot when he comes home!!! Love ya darling and I will get a pic of me and the bracelet up soon!!!!!! Smiles to you today!!! :)