Friday, July 17, 2009

~* a PiNwHeEl bOuQuEt *~

Okay, here's a little project from the August Jungle Boogie kit that will be available at Color Me Miki. This is very easy and the pinwheels are
by no means an original creation. In fact, I google searched how to make them here and just altered them a tiny bit!
So here's what I did:
cut your paper into 5 1/4 inch squares. Obviously double sided paper works best, like the cute ones in this kit! (HINT HINT!)
Fold each square in half diagonally both ways,
then cut right along your diagonal line towards the center of the square,
leaving about an inch from the center. Do this along all 4 folds. After your cuts are made, take the right corner of each side and make a pierce up near the edge,doing the same with all 4 right side edges. Then pierce the
very center of the square.
Overlap those pierced edges to the center aligning the pierced holes and secure with a brad.
My favorite part, I glued on Starbucks straws for the stems!
What a great excuse to go to Starbucks huh!
Tie with a pretty ribbon and voila ~
your pinwheel bouquet!
xOxO

13 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Love these....any excuse to get Java!! The green color really pops!! Your always doing somethin....keeping out of trouble I suspect!!
Thanks for the tutorial, I'm going to give these a try!!
Have a great nite!!
Hugs, Nerina :)

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Now that's a cute bouquet!

The Average Jay said...

Nice job with your write up. It makes me think even I could put one together.(NOT)! How about I just make the Starbuck run for you.

TxScrapAddict said...

Love pinwheels!!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Nice job on the pinwheels there Deb! And thanks for reminding me that I have a "treat receipt" from Starbucks I need to go back out and use tonight!! :)

Pinky said...

Boy everyone is making these pinwheels lately! Love em!

Jocelyn said...

Love these and thanks for the how to's!!! I just adore them and you did an awesome job sweet friend!!! Have a great weekend!!! :)

Stacey said...

Adorable. I love them! They are so fun and yes I love that paper!

memory-scrap said...

These pinwheels are gorgeous and thanks for letting us in on how to make them, I'm going to play this afternoon!!! Nice touch with the straws, and hey you need the coffee to help keep you awake whilst you're creating all of these projects don't you??!!! Have a great Saturady, love Jane xxx

GypsyFox said...

WOW those are beautiful honey, I love how you used the straws you are so very talented big hugs!

The Average Jay said...

Stay off those late night scrapbooking websites. This computer tech needs his sleep.

lotsa scrap said...

Sipping on my coffee right now while reading your post...so I'm lovin' the combo of Starbucks and pinwheels! Your tutorial makes it sound soooo easy to make these that even "all thumbs here" is willing to give it a try!

Julie said...

I Love these pinwheels - they are fantastic - I have seen them about but wasnt too sure how to make them so thanks for letting us know. It's my little boys 3rd birthday in a couple of weeks - I think these would look great as part of the table decorations.
Take Care - Julie xxx