Wednesday, July 8, 2009

~* GoT ArT *~


So it has been a strange week with the passing of Michael Jackson and his memorial service yesterday.

I thought it fitting to post this beautiful, one of a kind art piece created for me by the talented Sherry of etsy store Got Art. Don't ask me HOW I ended up on Sherry's blog awhile back, but by some stroke of luck, I did. And how lucky for me because not only is Sherry a talented artist,
but a very sweet lady.
My piece is the second in a special limited series of
4 that Sherry is designing.
I believe she has her third piece available and displayed on her blog now.
Such a nice tribute to a gifted artist by a gifted artist.

Thank you Sherry! You truly RoCk!
xOxO

10 comments:

Maggi said...

Wow, how neat to get a one of a kind from someone so talented!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Deb...this is awesome!!!! It is so wonderful to have such talent!!! Enjoy your piece of ART!!!! Have a great week....:)

NicNacManiac said...

MJ was such a large part of everyone's lives, I don't think we really realized it until we all had to reflect, sadly because he is no longer with us. Fabulous piece, lucky girl. I also loved the jeweled teal from yesterday!! The colors were scrumptios.
Have some fun today!!
Hugs, Nerina :)

The Average Jay said...

Very nice. He was one of a kind.

lotsa scrap said...

Your acquired art piece is stunning. RE: yesterday's frame post: Too bad you don't live closer to me. I have boxes of this kind of thing just waiting to be made into art. We'd have fun playing with all of it. I was thinking more along the line of a piece or two as embellishments. But your frame is a great idea and so glam!

Felicia said...

I love it...so sweet...

Sherry Goodloe said...

Thank you Deb for such a nice write-up and thank you to your blog commentors for all of the nice words regarding the piece I created!

I wrapped it, packed it, included a couple of atc's I made and shipped it off to you this afternoon :) ENJOY!

xoxo Sherry

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Thanks for the link up with Etsy store. Cool stuff. I love the rusted Metal collection (is that weird?)

Enjoy your art piece, now you'll have something to remember MJ by.

mandysea said...

WOW this is extraordinary!! The colour is is perfect!! Beautifully scrapped!

Shabby Chic Junk said...

Hi Deb,
I wanted to say thanks for the nice comment on my MJ art. Sherry's art is awesome! It's sweet when all of us can share the memories of life. Your blog ROCKS!
Enjoy,
Debra