Tuesday, June 23, 2009

~* Everything's Coming Up Roses! *~




Guest designing for Color Me Miki this month was lots of fun, and everything was coming up roses with this "Oh My, Cherry Pie!" July kit! This little box was the first thing I made with my kit as I was instantly drawn to the beautiful papers included! I wanted to make something fabulous, unique, and most of all, easy!
I had bought a decoupage box at Hobby Lobby for next to nothing. I covered it in the cute bird paper using Tombow glue. This is not my speciality, but even I could do it! Then it was time for the roses. I hand cut them all from pretty Jenni Bowlin paper and layered them on top of each other using pop dots. To get even more dimension, I took a blade and cut petals here and there and lifted them. Next I cut the leaves out and randomly placed them around the dimensional rose, placing one on the edge of the lid for a funky look. I then adhered ribbons at the box top edge and tied with bows in front. For sparkle, I used the shiny blue stickles at all the flower edges and topped the center of the rose with a Jenni Bowlin rhinestone accent.
Congratulations to Terri as her July kit will be featured on Webster's Pages!
xOxO

11 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

pretty box and sooooo sparkly! I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Ms. Sparkly girl!

Maggi said...

That little box is too cute! I love covering things in paper, lol. (I love using that Mod Podge!) The Stickles on your flower is perfect!

Kozy Krafter said...

That is SOOO adorable! Thank you for sharing!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Deb.....this box is perfect!!! Everything you put your hands on is PERFECT!!!! I love all the handcut roses and the dimension!!!! Thank you GF for all the support and encouragement you have been sending me!!! I feel like the world we knew....no longer exists and then you come along and give me so much support. I am jumping on a plane and coming for a visit...Now it's time to put my Big Girl Panties on and step up to the plate!!!!! Just adore you!!!!! Love that BOX!!!!!! Have a great day!!! :)

RoseOhio said...

Absolutely love everything about this! You just have a flair for creating the greatest stuff! That kit looks really neat this month.

Karen said...

Oh so Lovin' the blue glitter on the red rose! Gorgeous! You definitely know how to make things sparkle.:>

lotsa scrap said...

This rose rocks! And of course you'd have the one funky leaf and all the blue Stickles for contrasting sparkle!

Leanne said...

Love Love Love it...... You have done an amazing job and the box looks beautiful.
xxx Leanne

KeKe said...

Deb, you won my blog give away~please email me with your contact information so I can send you the Paris journals and some personalized things~
kellykeyser@yahoo.com

Xo

Callista said...

I tagged you on my blog yesterday, sorry I am a bit behind in letting you know!

Marie Reed said...

This glittery rose is just divine! It has such razzmatazz!