Saturday, May 16, 2009

~* tEaCherS aRe hEroEs! *~

I can't believe this year school year is almost over! Some of you may not know that I homeschool my 11 year old son, Kyle- this was the first (and last) year of doing that due to a bad experience in the school system last year. But he and I BOTH are ready for him to go BACK to school in the Fall! My little one, Ava, in Kindergarten however has had an amazing year and a teacher that we adore! I'm so sad this year is ending! I don't want to lose this teacher!!! My GF is the room mom in Ava's class and she had the kids write and illustrate how their teacher is their hero. Here is Ava's page:



She put all of Ava's classmates' artwork in a white binder and this is what I worked on all day yesterday:

We depend so much on teachers for that educational guidance. Homeschooling is a great option, it's just not for us! And I think I've learned to appreciate teachers even more this year after I attempted to play that role! So to all the teachers out there, a huge Thank You!! You are Heroes! (especially in my book!!!)


xOxO

13 comments:

Pinky said...

OMG I know exactly how you feel! I home schooled for 5 years and the last year my son...OMG he knew everything and i was a dumb as a stick according to him!
He is in 7th grade now and this is the first year he has not been expelled!!!!! And we like the school!
My first Grader did excellent as well ad his teacher was perfect! I hate to see him go into the next class!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Deb....I just love what Ava made for her teacher and the book was such a wonderful idea!!! Love how you did the front of it!!! But you know I just adore all of your creations!!! I too have been so Happy with Evan's teacher this year. She has done such a wonderful job with the children!!!! I always wanted to be a teacher....but Dad insisted if he were to pay for my education I would have to do something else!!!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for all of your wonderful comments. I always look forward to hearing from you sweet friend!!!! :)

lotsa scrap said...

Great idea! Teachers really like those types of personal gifts from their students. Love the cover!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

What a beautiful album you put together! Ava's picture is so cute! I love little kids art projects. They are so free in their artistic creativity. (maybe they should teach me this form of freeness)

I too, give teachers alot of credit.

Maggi said...

This turned out so cute! Thanks for the blog compliments, I so loved the way it turned out! I'm telling you, get with Traci and have her redo your blog with that Antoinette kit, delicious! lol

terri k said...

That is so cute! Love it!
Did you get my pm from WT?

Leanne said...

What a beautiful gift Deb, I am sure the teacher will tear up on presentation of this.
Love the photo of all the children, sweet

Leanne :)

Michele Brooks said...

What a great project, Deb! It's beautiful! I also love the photo collage! Happy Sunday, girly!

Lisa T. Howard said...

I agree with you about teachers. I am in awe of what they do. I was always extremely involved in my childrens' classes and each time I voluteered I was reminded of how much I could never do what they do. LOVE the book cover and Ava tribute is precious!

Leanne said...

Hi Deb
The blue border around the layout you like was very easy as I just painted it on and then went over it with a black marker pen. Yeah I agree, it certainly looks pretty cool. The layout just wasn't doing it for me until I added the border.
Thanks for your sweet comments honey
Leanne xxx

Jkfrt said...

Deb,you really did a great job on this.I spotted Ava right away, how can you not miss the cutest girl in the group. Way to go on a job well done. Kat.

Missy's Blog said...

What a lovely gift for the teacher!!

The Average Jay said...

Very nice job honey.