Friday, May 29, 2009

~* the GOLDEN years aren't so golden! *~


My mother-in-law has said this to me many times.
Sadly, she recently suffered a heart attack that was soon followed by a stroke. She is still recovering in the hospital almost 3 weeks later. Meanwhile, my father-in-law is back in the hospital too having a very rough go of it these past few months.
It's hard being far away and helpless, especially for my husband. My kids and I are going to send some art to her to help brighten her spirits. I wanted something to show her our love, so I grabbed this wall hanging I had previously designed for AKOTC and remade it adding a recent photo of the kids. I also added some gold accents which seemed fitting. My kids are working on their creations now and putting lots of heart into theirs too!
Hopefully they both will be able to go back home very soon.....xOxO

9 comments:

Maggi said...

I'm so sorry to read this about your in-laws! They will be so excited to get the projects y'all are sending!

That's Who I Am said...

Sorry to hear this, but what lucky grandkids and daughter in law do they have. So thoughtful of you!! Hoping they have a speedy recovery.

Jocelyn said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about your inlaws!!!! It is so tough to be far away and not be able to be there with them. I think your mother in law is just going to adore this!!!! You have such a BIG HEART!!!!! I will keep them in my prayers.

Julie Cornewell said...

I can relate to what you are going through. I felt so helpless when my grandparents were sick. My grandfather suffered a stroke and my grandmother had COPD and diabetes.

On a more cheery note, you have the most beautiful scrapbooks I have ever seen! I can't get over how incredibly unique and detailed all of your work is. I particularly love how you blend girly with just a hint of goth. I hope you aren't offended That I'm using that term. I mean it sincerely as a compliment!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

We are certainly praying for the best outcome for you inlaws. I know it must be hard on you with them living so far away. Hopefully John will get to spend some time with them soon.

You made a beautiful layout and I'm sure they are going to love it!

Leanne said...

So sorry to hear of your in laws Deb. I am sure that receiving your beautiful gifts will brighten their day a little. Will pray for strength for them both
Leanne :)

Kim said...

The layout is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure it will touch your mother-in-law's heart. Beautiful work as always, Deb! Jay's family is in our prayers.

eMeLiNe Seet said...

thoughts and prayers, Deb ... i'm sure your little gesture will go a long way !

lotsa scrap said...

Your art is sure to cheer them. And there's nothing better than homemade greetings from the grandkids. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and then good health for your in-laws.