Thursday, May 7, 2009

~* sparKly giFt boXes! *~

If you have a pile of jewelry gift boxes lying around like I always seem to (shopaholic!) and you feel like getting creative, here's a way to add some sparKle to your gift giving!
Grab a huge handful of rhinestones. The ones I used aren't my fancy ones, but rather the bulk ones from Oriental Trading Company. They work and sparkle just as nice. I arranged them on the box first. When I had them how I wanted them, I used my glue gun very CAREFULLY and applied each one. Use the glue sparingly and keep a glass of water nearby for your fingers just in case! Make sure no one is around as bad words may emerge as you burn yourself numerous times! You can add some stickles in the gaps for even more sparKle! YES this is a major test of patience which I seriously lack! But I love the boxes and anyone who receives one of these treasures will too!
xOxO

8 comments:

Katamommy said...

Very cute idea! I never thought of altering my jewelry gift boxes...duh! lol

RoseOhio said...

I love this idea! I have many of these boxes as well!

Lisa T. Howard said...

Great idea! But me and glue guns have a very long history...and it isn't pretty! lol! Love your creation, my dear!

Jocelyn said...

There is my girl.....making beautiful things again!!!! What a great idea...love you sweet friend and have a TERRIFIC THURSDAY!

Leanne said...

They look great Deb and was a great idea for little gifts. You are a gem (pardon the pun)

Leanne :)

Melanie Stanczyk said...

You can put my birthday present in the box and send it right over!

You rock the bling!

Missy's Blog said...

Look at you Mrs. Re-Purposer.

Love your gift boxes ... they are simply divine!

Karen Lee said...

FABulous boxes!!